Jellied Cranberry-Ginger Sauce
Serves 8 (makes 2 cups)| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 0.25-ounce packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries (3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger
- Place ½ cup water in a small bowl; sprinkle with the gelatin and let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, ginger, and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, until the cranberries begin to burst, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cranberry mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Pass the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl. (Discard the solids; you should have about 1½ cups of liquid.) Whisk in the gelatin mixture and transfer to a 2-cup mold. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours.
- To unmold, dip the mold in a bowl of hot water for 10 to 15 seconds, then turn out onto a plate.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories 75
- Fat 0g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 5mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Sugar 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 5mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .