Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the kielbasa and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, crushing them with the back of a spoon, along with their juices and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice mix. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for the time specified on the package.
- Stir in the shrimp and continue to cook, covered, until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the hot pepper sauce, if desired. Divide the jambalaya among bowls.
- Per Serving
- Calories 645Calories From Fat 227
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 252mg
- Sodium 2,666mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 56g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 7mg
- Calcium 119mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This one-pot traditional Creole dish is typically made up of sausage, seafood, and chicken. Use whichever of the three you have on hand.