kielbasa, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
can whole tomatoes, undrained
box jambalaya or fiesta rice mix
peeled and deveined shrimp
hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the kielbasa and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, crushing them with the back of a spoon, along with their juices and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice mix. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for the time specified on the package.
- Stir in the shrimp and continue to cook, covered, until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the hot pepper sauce, if desired. Divide the jambalaya among bowls.