Italian Sausage With Celery Root Slaw
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 links Italian sausage (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 small celery root (1 1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 dill pickles, cut into thin strips
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with the coarse grating disk, grate the celery root.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the celery root, onion, parsley, and pickles and toss to combine. Serve with the sausages.
- Per Serving
- Calories 470
- Fat 33g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 69mg
- Sodium 1,493mg
- Protein 20g
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 120mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Celery root, also known as celeriac, is a sturdy, celery-flavored tuber that resembles a turnip but with a much rougher skin. Delicious raw, it can also be roasted, simmered in soups, or boiled and mashed like potatoes.