- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 8 links Italian sausage (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 small celery root (1 1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 dill pickles, cut into thin strips
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with the coarse grating disk, grate the celery root.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the celery root, onion, parsley, and pickles and toss to combine. Serve with the sausages.