- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the baking soda. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into tablespoon-size mounds and place on the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned at the edges, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.