Ice Cream Pie With Warm Blueberry Sauce
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 store-bought refrigerated piecrust (such as Pillsbury)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- special equipment: four 4-inch tart pans
- Heat oven to 375° F. Coat the bottom and sides of the tart pans with cooking spray, vegetable oil, or butter.
- Divide the piecrust into 4 portions and roll them out so they're slightly larger than the pans. Press the dough into the pans. Run a rolling pin over the tops to trim the excess dough. Line the dough with parchment paper or foil, fitting it up the sides. Fill with pie weights, dried beans, or uncooked rice. Place the pans on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the weights and paper and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, over medium heat, cook the berries, sugar, water, cornstarch, and cinnamon until the sauce thickens slightly, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Remove the crusts from pans and transfer to serving plates. Place 1/2 pint of ice cream in each tart. Spoon some sauce on top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 540.55Calories From Fat 42%
- Calcium 180.79mg
- Carbohydrate 75.69g
- Cholesterol 58.08mg
- Fat 25.13g
- Fiber 3.04g
- Iron 1.07mg
- Protein 6.55mg
- Sat Fat 10.53g
- Sodium 311mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .