Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 6- to 8-inch soft corn tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, diced; or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 4 large eggs, fried
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Put the tortillas on a baking sheet and place in the oven to warm, about 5 minutes. (Cover with foil if you don’t like crisp tortillas.)
- Toast the cumin in a small, dry saucepan over medium heat until aromatic, about 3 minutes. Add the beans and chipotle or red pepper (if using).
- Remove the tortillas from the oven. Spoon some beans onto each, then top each with some salsa, 1 fried egg, and some cheese.
- Bake until the cheese has melted. Serve with the avocado.
- Per Serving
- Calories 337Calories From Fat 166
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 228mg
- Sodium 502mg
- Protein 17g
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 9g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 217mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Tortillas will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator.