- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch, stirring until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Place a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes and stir-fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly to prevent lumps, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into a bowl.