- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound center-cut pork loin or tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- Hot-and-Sour Sauce
- 1 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup peanuts or cashews
- cooked rice
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add the pork and stir-fry until no trace of pink remains, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, add the remaining oil, and heat for 30 seconds. Add the peppers and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and water. Cover partially and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Hot-and-Sour Sauce and increase heat to high. When it starts to bubble, add the water chestnuts and pork. Stir-fry until warmed through, about 1 minute. Add the nuts and toss again. Serve immediately over the rice.