Serves 5| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1-pound ball of ready-to-bake pizza dough
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Divide the dough into 5 equal pieces. Roll into balls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest on a floured counter or board for 5 minutes.
- Roll 1 ball into a thin rope 30 inches long. Twist into a pretzel shape. Brush lightly with water, then sprinkle with the salt. Place on a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Let rest 15 minutes while oven preheats to 450° F.
- Bake on center oven rack for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer the pretzels to a rack. While hot, brush on the butter. Serve warm.
- Per Serving
- Calories 264
- Fat 7g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 12mg
- Sodium 657mg
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2.5mg
- Calcium 1mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Buy organic: The grains that dairy cows eat can be treated with chemicals, which have a residual presence in milk and dairy products.