- 15 red jalapeños, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 1/2 cup distilled white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a blender, puree the jalapeños, bell pepper, vinegar, water, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Heat the canola oil in a large saucepan. Add the pepper mixture and cornstarch.
- Simmer, whisking, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Strain; let cool. Refrigerate for up to 1 month.