medium red onion, sliced
clove garlic, smashed
hot Italian sausages, casings removed
red or yellow cherry tomatoes
red wine vinegar
fresh basil leaves, torn
freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook about 5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to crumble it.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the skins burst, about 8 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooked fettuccine, basil, and arugula and toss gently to combine. Serve in bowls and top with the Parmesan.