Horseradish Potato Gratin
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- unsalted butter for the baking dish, at room temperature
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 6), peeled and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 375° F. Butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the cream, horseradish, nutmeg, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Transfer the potato mixture to the prepared baking dish, pressing gently to submerge the potatoes. Cover the dish with foil, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden, 50 to 65 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 447Calories From Fat 312
- Fat 35g
- Sat Fat 22g
- Cholesterol 126mg
- Sodium 1144mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 70mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make-ahead: Prepare and assemble the gratin. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. To cook, follow the recipe instructions, adding 25 to 35 minutes to the cooking time.