- 3tablespoons orange juice
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder or ground coriander
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
- 1cup diced pineapple or other seasonal fruit, such as peaches or pears
- 1/2cup diced cantaloupe or other melon
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- cooking oil spray
- Mix together the juice, honey, olive oil, soy sauce, and Chinese five-spice powder in a large, shallow dish. Pat tenderloins dry and turn to coat in marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight. While pork is marinating, make the fruit sauce.
- Mix together pineapple (or other diced fruit), melon, jalapeno pepper, and vinegar, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Lightly coat clean grids of grill with cooking oil spray. Heat grill to medium heat. Place tenderloins across grids and close lid. Cook 5 minutes, covered, then turn tenderloins on their sides. Cook another 5 minutes, turning again every 5 minutes until all 4 sides of the tenderloins are seared (for a total of 20 minutes).
- Transfer tenderloins to a cutting board and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice tenderloins crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Arrange on plates and top with fruit sauce. Tenderloins can be served hot or at room temperature.