Honey Chicken Skewers With Grilled-Corn Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Place twenty 8-inch wooden skewers in water to soak. Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, honey, and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken lengthwise into twenty ½-inch-thick strips. Thread each strip onto a wooden skewer. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill. Cook the chicken, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes, basting with the ketchup mixture during the last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the corn, turning occasionally, until slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cut the kernels off the cobs, place in a medium bowl, and toss with the butter, scallions, and ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 427Calories From Fat 26%
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Sugar 21g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 764mg
- Cholesterol 109mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This simple sauce of ketchup, honey, and Worcestershire sauce is an easy way to perk up poultry or pork.