Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 pounds (4 medium) red potatoes, boiled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper. Turning the potatoes over frequently with a metal spatula, cook until crusty, about 15 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 210
- Calcium 27mg
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 7g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 4mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 112mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If pressed for time, use packages of presliced vegetables found at most supermarkets.