- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat broiler. In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, scallions, vinegar, oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Thread shrimp onto 6-inch skewers, wrap the skewer ends with foil, and place on a broiler-proof rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil, basting with the hoisin sauce, until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with the cucumber salad.