- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/3cup hoisin sauce
- 1tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 3cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 scallions, halved and cut into 4-inch strips
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat broiler to high. Rinse the cutlets, pat dry with paper towels, and pound to an even thinness. Place in a broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the rice vinegar, and the fish sauce (if using).
- Transfer 2 tablespoons of the glaze to a large bowl and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon rice vinegar.
- Add the cabbage, bell peppers, scallions, and cilantro and toss. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the remaining glaze into a small bowl and set aside. Brush the chicken with the glaze that remains.
- Broil the chicken, brushing occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Spoon the reserved glaze over the top. Serve with the slaw.