Makes 24 bars| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with the nonstick spray. Line the pan with a piece of parchment, leaving an overhang on two sides; spray the parchment with the nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, then the molasses. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Mix in the raisins and walnuts.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan. Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan, transfer to a cutting
board, and cut into 24 squares.
- Per Serving
- Calories 191Calories From Fat 35%
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Sugar 17g
- Fiber 1g
- Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 90mg
- Cholesterol 28mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .