- 6 large tomatoes
- 3 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 3tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- With a paring knife, remove the stem end from each tomato. Scoop out the seeds and pulp into a bowl.
- Add the tuna, capers, parsley, lemon zest and juice, oil, and pepper to the bowl and combine.
- Spoon the mixture carefully into the hollowed-out tomatoes.