Herbed Roast Ribs of Beef
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 large sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 5-pound beef rib roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Tuck the fresh herbs under the roast's strings or rub the dried herbs on the meat.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the roast and brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375° F. Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper. Place the skillet in the oven and cook 1 hour and 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 125°F (for medium rare) in the center of the roast. (Be careful not to touch bone with the thermometer; bone will register a higher temperature than the meat.)
- Remove from oven. Cover loosely with foil and let rest 15 minutes to allow the meat to finish cooking. Skim the fat from the pan juices and discard. Spoon the pan juices over the sliced meat.
- Per Serving
- Calories 653
- Calcium 22mg
- Carbohydrate 0g
- Cholesterol 222mg
- Fat 37g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 8mg
- Protein 75mg
- Sat Fat 15g
- Sodium 200mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .