- 4 large sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 4-pound boneless leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rub the dried herbs on the meat. Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the roast and brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375° F. Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 60 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 125°F (for medium rare) in the center of the roast. Remove from oven.
- Cover loosely with foil and let rest 15 minutes to allow the meat to finish cooking. Skim the fat from the pan juices and discard. Spoon the pan juices over the sliced meat.