Herbed Roast Chicken
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 large sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 1/2-4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375° F. Tuck the herbs between the legs and breast. Rub with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast 1 hour and 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165° F in the breast. (Be careful not to touch bone with the thermometer; bone will register a higher temperature than the meat.)
- Remove from oven. Cover loosely with foil and let rest 15 minutes to allow the meat to finish cooking.
- Per Serving
- Calories 487
- Calcium 31mg
- Carbohydrate 0g
- Cholesterol 223mg
- Fat 28g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 56mg
- Sat Fat 8g
- Sodium 165mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For the crispiest results, broil chicken pieces skin-side up. If the recipe calls for turning the meat halfway through, start bone-side up.