Herb-Roasted Chicken With Potatoes and Peas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes (about 15), halved or quartered if large
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat oven to 450° F with a rack in the highest position. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the oil and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Season the chicken with the caraway seeds, mustard, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Nestle the chicken skin-side up in the potatoes and roast, tossing the potatoes once, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the peas to the chicken and potatoes and continue to roast until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with the dill and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 638
- Fat 34g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 140mg
- Sodium 537mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 35mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Roasting the chicken on the top rack, where the oven is hottest, helps the skin become golden and crisp. Try this with other baked dishes that you want to have a delicious browned finish, such as casseroles topped with bread crumbs and pastas topped with cheese.