- 3/4 pound frozen French fries
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cook the French fries according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, horseradish, and pepper.
- Rub the steak with the herbes de Provence; season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the steak in the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- Serve the steak with the fries and horseradish cream.