- 5 heirloom tomatoes (in various colors), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 4 slices
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 baguette
- Sprinkle the tomato slices with the salt and pepper. Place a slice of mozzarella on each of 4 plates. Top with layers of the tomatoes.
- Garnish each plate with some cherry tomatoes and 1/2 tablespoon oil. Serve with a crusty baguette.