- 1 1/2tablespoons olive oil
- 110-ounce package sliced mushrooms
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1pound ground beef
- 1/4cup brandy
- 110-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 4 pitas (white or whole wheat), warmed
- 1/4cup mayonnaise (optional)
- 3 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until no trace of pink remains, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Spoon off and discard any fat. Add the brandy and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until heated through, about 1½ minutes.
- Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan.
- Cut a 2-inch strip off the side of each pita. Spread the inside with mayonnaise (if using) and fill with the beef mixture. Serve with the carrots.