Hazelnut Ganache Tart With Sea Salt
Serves 10| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the hazelnuts on a large rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. Rub the warm nuts in a clean dish towel to remove the skins (discard the skins).
- In a food processor, finely grind ½ cup of the hazelnuts. Add the crushed cookies and butter and pulse until moistened. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch removable-bottom fluted tart pan.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until dry, 10 to 12 minutes (if the crust puffs up during baking, gently press it down with the back of a spoon). Let cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the cream just to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate until smooth. Pour into the cooled tart shell. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Chop the remaining ¼ cup nuts and sprinkle on the tart.
- Sprinkle with the salt just before serving. For the easiest slicing, use a thin, sharp knife, wiping it clean and running it under hot water between slices.
- Per Serving
- Calories 495
- Fat 39g
- Sat Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 67mg
- Sodium 351mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Sugar 25g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 42mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .