Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and grated (using large holes of box grater)
- 1 onion, grated (using large holes of box grater)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the potatoes and onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with the salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Use a spatula to press the potatoes into pan. Cook until a crust forms, about 5 minutes. Using the spatula, break apart the potatoes, press down again, then let stand to form another crust. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Per Serving
- Calories 160Calories From Fat 42%
- Calcium 15mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Fat 8g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 2mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 287mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Pat washed fruits and veggies dry before bagging them for storage. Damp items spoil quickly.