Hard Cider Gravy
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup hard cider or dry white wine
- 2 to 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Strain the drippings into a large measuring cup or bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes, then skim off and discard the fat. (Alternatively, use a fat separator.)
- Place the empty pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add the cider and cook for 1 minute, scraping up the bits stuck to the pan. Pour into the skimmed drippings and add enough broth to make a total of 4 cups.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the flour, whisking, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Whisk in the broth mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Strain.
- Per Serving
- Calories 96Calories From Fat 60%
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 17mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Sodium 165mg
- Protein 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .