- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- potato chips (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, shallots, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and mix in 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Form meat into 4 patties.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Cook burgers to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Or cook them in a skillet over medium-high heat.)
- Spoon the remaining vinaigrette mixture over the burgers and serve with the potato chips, if desired.