- 1/2 pound russet potatoes (about 2; peeled if desired), cut into 2-inch chunks
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 pound baked or deli ham, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (one 17.25-ounce package), thawed and halved
- chutney, for serving
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add 2 teaspoons salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Add the butter, ham, onion, corn, chives, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mash to the desired consistency.
- Heat oven to 425° F. Dividing evenly, top the 4 puff-pastry halves with the ham mixture; fold over and seal. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with chutney.