Crispy Ham and Arugula Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound baked or deli ham, sliced and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 orange, segmented, with its juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the orange segments with the orange juice, vinegar, the remaining oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the arugula, onion, and ham and toss to coat.
- Per Serving
- Calories 264
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 18mg
- Sodium 721mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 156mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To segment an orange, cut away the peel and pith, then, working over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment and release it into the bowl.