- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless halibut fillet or some other firm-fleshed white fish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, orange juice, parsley, capers, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and simmer until the tomatoes begin to break down, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the fish with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with the tomatoes.