Halibut With Sugar Snap Pea Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas (4 cups), strings removed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 4 6-ounce pieces halibut fillet
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, ginger, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the snap peas, onion, and sesame seeds, if desired, and toss to coat.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the fish with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with the salad and lime wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 313Calories From Fat 99
- Protein 41g
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 472mg
- Cholesterol 60mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Before making the salad, taste the peas. If they’re not as sweet as you’d like, steam them for a minute or two, then run them under cold water, to bring out the natural sugars and make them more tender.