- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces green olives, pitted
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound red potatoes, thinly sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Heat oven to 375° F. Place the halibut in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Pour the wine over the fish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Scatter the olives, rosemary, and garlic over top.
- Bake until the fish is the same color throughout and flakes easily, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a paper towel-lined plate. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the halibut and olives.