angel hair pasta
1-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
6-ounce pieces halibut, skin removed
kosher salt and pepper
bunch scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the oranges into segments, removing the surrounding membranes. Squeeze the membranes over a bowl to catch their juices.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the halibut with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the cumin. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn the halibut, add the oranges with any liquid and scallions, and cook until the fish is the same color throughout and flakes easily, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Divide the pasta and fish among plates. Spoon the oranges and sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the cilantro.