Halibut With Grilled Eggplant Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless halibut
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Brush the eggplant and fish with it and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Oil grill. Grill the eggplant and fish until the eggplant is tender and slightly charred and the fish is opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side for both.
- In a second small bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, jalapeño, cilantro, and remaining soy sauce. Drizzle over the fish and eggplant before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 301Calories From Fat 103
- Protein 41g
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 419mg
- Cholesterol 60mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
An eggplant should feel heavy for its size and is tastiest at less than 1 ½ pounds. Look for smooth, shiny dark purple skin and a green stem with leaves clinging to the top.