- 3 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), sliced into half-moons
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets (1 inch thick), skin removed
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- Heat oven to 375° F. Tear off 8 squares of parchment paper. Arrange 4 squares on a flat surface.
- Dividing evenly, place the carrots and leeks in the center of each square.
- Place the halibut on the vegetables. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the oregano.
- Top the fish and vegetables with the remaining squares of parchment. Fold over the edges several times to seal.
- Transfer the packets to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Using a paring knife, cut open the packets before serving. (Be careful of the escaping steam.)