- 4 hot dogs
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- 4 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- hot sauce (such as Tabasco), for drizzling
- Cook the hot dogs according to the package directions.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with the lime juice; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Place a hot dog in each bun and, dividing evenly, top with the lettuce, mashed avocado, and onion. Drizzle with the hot sauce.