Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound ahi or yellowfin tuna (or salmon or halibut steak), about 1 inch thick
- 8 red-skinned potatoes, cut in half
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
- 2 yellow or orange sweet peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into wedges
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, orange peel, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in a dish. Add the tuna. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes. Light grill or broiler.
- When the coals are ash covered or the gas grill is hot, place the tuna on grill (or 6 inches beneath broiler). Dip the potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, and onion into the marinade and arrange, cut side down, on grill. Cover and cook 7 minutes. Turn over the fish and vegetables. Discard the marinade.
- Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes more or until the tuna is opaque and the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Combine the romaine and basil on a platter. Sprinkle with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss. Arrange grilled
items on top. Serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 638
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 44mg
- Sodium 542mg
- Protein 42g
- Carbohydrate 95g
- Sugar 16g
- Fiber 16g
- Iron 8mg
- Calcium 194mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .