- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 sandwich slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Make hard-boiled eggs.
- Spread 4 slices of the bread with the mustard, then top with the cheese, hard-cooked egg slices, some thyme, and the remaining 4 slices of bread. Spread the top slice of each sandwich with a little bit of the butter.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the remaining butter. When the butter is melted, place the sandwiches in the skillet, buttered-side up.
- Grill the sandwiches 5 minutes, turn, then cook 5 minutes more or until the cheese melts.