- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for the grate
- 2 cups chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 T-bone steaks (about 1 1/4 inches thick; 4 1/2 pounds total) or 3 pounds strip or flank steak
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Mix together the oil, parsley, capers, vinegar, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- \Season the steaks with 2 teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Grill, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 140° F, 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the caper sauce.