Skirt Steak and Potatoes With Herb Sauce
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut on the diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Heat grill to medium.
- Pulse the parsley, oregano, and garlic in a food processor until roughly chopped. Add the vinegar, oil, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon salt; pulse to combine. Set aside.
- Season the steak with the remaining salt and the pepper. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, toss the potatoes in a large bowl with ⅓ cup of the herb sauce.
- Place the potatoes on the grill in a single layer. Cook, turning once, until tender, about 4 minutes per side.
- Divide the steak and potatoes among plates and serve with the remaining herb sauce on the side.
- Per Serving
- Calories 593Calories From Fat 64%
- Fat 42g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 97mg
- Sodium 503mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 37g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.