Grilled Sirloin With Asparagus Pesto
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Place the asparagus in a pot of lightly salted boiling water. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender-crisp. Drain. Run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Roughly chop asparagus and transfer to a food processor. Add the garlic, basil, pine nuts, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- With the motor running, pour in 1 tablespoon of the oil and process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the remaining tablespoon of oil. Rub the mixture over the steak.
- Grill or broil the steak 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium. Remove the steak and let it sit, covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Divide the steak into 4 portions and top with dollops of the pesto.
- Per Serving
- Calories 649
- Calcium 79mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Cholesterol 157mg
- Fat 36g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 6mg
- Protein 75mg
- Sat Fat 8g
- Sodium 1307mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .