- 4tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 1/2pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp (raw)
- 1teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small baguette (about 8 ounces), split lengthwise
- 2 1/2pounds heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2cups fresh basil leaves
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Toss the shrimp with the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Brush the baguette with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil.
- Grill the baguette and shrimp, uncovered, until the baguette is golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side, and the shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut the baguette into bite-size pieces.
- In a separate bowl, toss the shrimp, baguette, tomatoes, and basil with the lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.