medium shrimp, shells on, deveined
lemons, cut into small wedges
bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
yellow or zucchini squash, ends trimmed
sprigs fresh basil, torn if desired
- Heat broiler on high. Place shrimp and lemon wedges alternately on 8 skewers.
- Halve the squash lengthwise, then cut into 1-inch-thick slices. Divide among the remaining 8 skewers.
- Place all the skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet (or place all the ingredients on the sheet if you don’t have skewers).
- Brush the kebabs with oil and season with salt. Broil, turning once, until the shrimp are cooked, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer shrimp skewers to a platter.
- Continue broiling the squash until tender, 3 to 4 minutes more. Serve the kebabs with the basil.