Sausages and Polenta With Marinated Peppers
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 teaspoons honey
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 small links Italian sausage (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 pound store-bought cooked polenta, sliced into thick rounds
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until the honey is dissolved.
- Add the bell pepper and onion and let sit, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- During the last 6 minutes of cooking, oil the grill and add the polenta.
- Grill the polenta until charred and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the sausages and vegetables.
- Per Serving
- Calories 496Calories From Fat 288
- Protein 27g
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 32g
- Sat Fat 15g
- Sodium 1795g
- Cholesterol 80g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .