- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2teaspoons honey
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 small links Italian sausage (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1pound store-bought cooked polenta, sliced into thick rounds
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until the honey is dissolved.
- Add the bell pepper and onion and let sit, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- During the last 6 minutes of cooking, oil the grill and add the polenta.
- Grill the polenta until charred and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the sausages and vegetables.