fresh lime juice
olive oil, plus more for the grill
kosher salt and black pepper
red bell pepper, thinly sliced
small red onion, thinly sliced
small links Italian sausage (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
store-bought cooked polenta, sliced into thick rounds
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until the honey is dissolved.
- Add the bell pepper and onion and let sit, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- During the last 6 minutes of cooking, oil the grill and add the polenta.
- Grill the polenta until charred and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the sausages and vegetables.